Owl is a multi user document repository (knowledgebase) system written in PHP4 for publishing files/documents onto the web for a corporation, small business, group of people, or just for yourself. Read More…
The Pentaho Open BI Suite provides a full spectrum of business intelligence (BI) capabilities including reporting, analysis, dashboards, data mining, data integration, and a BI platform that have made it the world’s most popular open source BI suite. Pentaho’s products are used by leading organizations including MySQL, Motorola, Terra Industries, DivX and more.
For an overview and description of features in the Pentaho Open BI Suite, please click here for the datasheet.
The Pentaho BI Project
Pentaho Corporation is the primary sponsor and leader of The Pentaho BI Project. The Pentaho BI Project is an ongoing initiative by the open source community that provides organizations with best-in-class solutions for their enterprise Business Intelligence (BI) needs. By leveraging the wealth of open source technologies and the contributions of the open source development community we are able to innovate much faster than commercial vendors. As a result, we provide an open source alternative that surpasses the leading proprietary BI suites in many areas of architecture, standards support, functionality, and ease of deployment. In other words, we don’t expect you to adopt it simply because it’s open, we expect that you will choose it because it’s better. This Technical Whitepaper describes Pentaho’s architecture and technical advantages. Read More…
Microsoft .NET is an umbrella term that applies to a wide collection of products and technologies from Microsoft. Most have in common a dependence on the Microsoft .NET Framework, a component of the Windows operating system.
.NET has progressed through versions 1 through to current Beta 3
Microsoft products and components that fall into the .NET category include:
- The Microsoft .NET Framework, an operating system component required by most .NET products.
- .NET Passport
The Rational Unified Process (RUP) is an iterative software development process framework created by the Rational Software Corporation, since 2002 a division of IBM.
The RUP is not a single concrete prescriptive process, but rather an adaptable process framework, intended to be tailored by the development organizations and software project teams that will select the elements of the process that are appropriate for their needs.
Human Resource Management (HRM) is the strategic and coherent approach to the management of an organization’s most valued assets – the people working there who individually and collectively contribute to the achievement of the objectives of the business.
The terms ‘human resource management’ (HRM) and ‘human resources’ (HR) have largely replaced the term ‘Personnel Management’ as a description of the processes involved in managing people in organizations. Read More…
What is SPIS
- Strategic Planning for Information Systems or Strategic Information Systems Planning is about the creation of a strategy or direction for the procurement and use of information systems within an organization.
- SPIS is the process of identifying a portfolio of computer-based applications that will assist an organisation executing its business plans and realising its business goals. Lederer & Gardiner 1992
- SPIS is the means of identifying application systems which support and enhance organisational strategy. It also provides a framework for the effective implementation of these systems. Fidler & Rogerson, 1996 Read More…
SMART is a mnemonic used in project management at the project objective setting stage. It is a way of evaluating if the objectives that are being set are appropriate for the individual project.
A SMART objective is one that is:
- Specific, the goal and methods are clearly defined
- Measurable, the objectives are measured numerically
- Achievable, humanly possible, and the project has all the required resources
- Relevant, avoid the temptation of defining a goal just because it fits nicely to the previous three criteria
- Time framed, set deadlines